The campaign's supporters responded today by donating $726,000 (as of now) for television ads. That's in one day. Dean has cancelled all his Michigan appearances and has moved his entire campaign staff to Wisconsin. The organization is focusing nearly every resource they have on this one state.
The message is clear. If this is our last stand, then we're going to win or go down fighting.
So listen up folks: if you ever thought of helping Howard Dean out, if you ever thought he said the right thing, if you ever believed that he would make a good President, then this is the time to do something about it.
Here's what you can do:
- Contribute money to the campaign.
- Write postcards and letters to Wisconsin voters telling them why you think Howard Dean belongs in the White House.
- Phone/email/IM anyone you know in Washington, Maine, Michigan or Wisconsin and urge them to vote for Dean in the upcoming primaries and caucuses.
- Write a letter to the editor at a Wisconsin newspaper telling them why Howard Dean deserves your vote.
- Join me in volunteering for the Washington, Maine or Michigan caucuses this weekend. A strong showing in thse states goes a long way toward victory in Wisconsin.
- Volunteer to campaign in Tennessee, Virginia or DC.
- Lastly, if you have the guts and the wherewithall, volunteer to go to Wisconsin to help campaign for Howard.
So this is it folks: the final battle. If you feel discouraged or betrayed or pissed off, this is the time to put all those feelings aside. Now is the time to act. Now is the time to act on everything we believe, everything that we hope for, everything that we've dreamed about. Now is the time to join together to fight like hell for the America that we grew up believing in. The odds are against us, but so it has been for many a righteous cause. If we win then we will have a tale to tell our grandchildren. If we lose then we go down fighting.
I ask you now to fight beside me. Do it for your country.
(x-posted to howard_dean)